Are You Losing Leads Without Even Realising It? | IT Focus Telemarketing

Are You Losing Leads Without Even Realising It?

losing-leads - blog
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin

If your sales team is like many others, you could be regularly losing leads without even realising it. There are many reasons why this happens, but it often stems from your marketing, sales, account reps and lead gen team failing to work together effectively.

Losing Leads? 4 Things you’re Doing Wrong

Here are just 4 of the most common reasons why leads are lost, and what you can do about it:

  1. Failure to act on poor web traffic conversion rates

If the conversion rate on your website is very low, you should be asking yourself – why, and what can I do about it? If it’s down at 2%, you need to take immediate action to capture as much of the remaining 98% traffic as possible.

The first step is to delve deeper to investigate your web traffic. There’s a wealth of data available if you know where to look, and you can even use new tools to gather information about a normally anonymous website visitor. You can find out which companies are interested in your services, and take the initiative to contact them yourself.

The other thing to put right is your website itself. Is the call to action not strong enough, does the navigation and the user journey need work or is there another issue to address?

  1. You’re too slow

Even if you think your sales team have an impressive record of responding to or following up with leads, there is always more you can do. Research has shown that within as little time as an hour, your chances to qualify the lead drop dramatically. Leave it 30 minutes as opposed to 10 minutes, and the odds of success could fall as much as 21 times. Remember – every minute counts in lead generation.

  1. You’ve got too many leads

Lots of leads is a good thing, right? Unfortunately, this could be one of your lead gen team’s main weaknesses. With too many leads to nurture and manage, and only so many team members and so much time in the day, something will have to give. This is most likely to be quality, with more time being devoted to some leads rather than others which could potentially be better optimised for your business. It could leave your team with difficult decisions to make every day over who to prioritise, and what if they make the wrong choices?

There are a couple of ways to resolve this. The first is to increase your resources, but it could be more worthwhile to look at how you approach lead generation. Could you be better off outsourcing? How can you best optimise your time and resources to manage lead generation and sales more efficiently?

  1. Your capture process is too complicated

The fewer fields your form has and the quicker it can be completed, the more likely a lead will stick around to complete it. Take a look at the way you capture new leads and see if you can streamline it.

If you wish to find out more and how you can make sure that you aren’t losing your leads then please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us today on 0330 058 0100 or head over to our contact page and fill in our online enquiry form.

Get In Touch

Call us on 0330 058 0100 to find out how we can help you.

Our goal is to develop a thorough understanding of the technology that underpins the message you want us to deliver. By doing this, we can communicate your value proposition in a clear and concise manner to the people that are important to you: your future customers.

Share this post with your friends

Share on facebook
Share on email
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin